Mabel's Strange Predicament (1914) - Charlie Chaplin


Mabel's Strange Predicament is a 1914  American-made motion picture starring Mabel Normand and Charles Chaplin, his third Movie. It was for this film that Chaplin first conceived of and played the Tramp. As Chaplin recalled in his autobiography:  
"I had no idea what makeup to put on. I did not like my get-up as the press reporter [in Making a Living]. However on the way to the wardrobe I thought I would dress in baggy pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. I wanted everything to be a contradiction: the pants baggy, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large. I was undecided whether to look old or young, but remembering Sennet had expected me to be a much older man, I added a small mustache, which I reasoned, would add age without hiding my expression.     I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the makeup made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked on stage he was fully born"

Enjoy Watching Below

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails